Genesis 1 covers the creation of the world. The chapter raises many significant questions:
- What does the creation account reveal about who God is?
- How should we understand the creation of the world? What is reasonable?
- Why do so many smart people reject God as the Creator of the universe?
- How did Paul argue God as Creator of the universe to help intelligent (but unbelieving) people come to faith?
- Why is the creation story important to Christians, especially when things in our lives get challenging?
- How are we to understand God creating the world in "seven days"?
- Why did God rest on the seventh day?
- What does it mean when God says in Genesis: "Let us make man in our image"?
We tackle these and other questions in this first lesson in the book of Genesis.